Monday, April 07, 2008

BARE BONES

Shot from the local taxidermy shop.

I had a dream last night in which I was trying to hide a grand piano from the police. I rolled it down the street at night in slow motion. All I could hear was the rumble of the wheels on the pavement, the swish of wind in the bushes and the quiet exhales of my own breath. Rumble, roll, swish, breath, rumble, roll, swish, breath...the dream seemed to float on forever. I finally rolled the piano into an open theatre but there was no place to hide it so I pushed it into the back of the darkened stage and stood in front of it, making myself as big as I could in an effort to hide it.
Curtain.
The End.

Not too hard to figure that one out. Tomorrow is our last day of mixing. The end is near and I am about to bare my most personal songs out there like a skeleton thrown to an audience of taxidermied dogs.

At least I know I'll have a rapt audience who are glued to their seats.

3 comments:

jessica said...

congrats!!! you have completed a huge task my friend - i'm sure it sounds fantastic!

Unknown said...

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa immmmmmmmmmmmmmm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

KFD said...

i'm ready for you. just give the word and i'll pound you off my blog like an overripe tomato.
bro.