Thursday, April 03, 2008

R.I.P. AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN

Just call me a murderer.
Or better yet, an abandoner.
Or in reality, just another stupid idiot moron who loses her shit all the time.

Once again, I saved up my money to purchase something that I really really needed and once again, I had them in my possession for all of two weeks before they met their demise somewhere, somehow. I waited to travel all the way to the U.S. to purchase these "best $100 I ever spent" headphones and now they live in some other person's hands. Or most likely, they are rotting in a trash can somewhere. Either way, I promised myself when I bought them that THIS TIME WOULD BE DIFFERENT. DIFFERENT than the time I accidentally sold my passport for 50 cents because it was stuck in a purse I sold at a yard sale. DIFFERENT than the all times I dropped a wad of cash somewhere, DIFFERENT than the dozens of jackets, hats, wallets, books, CD players, ipods, plane tickets, scarves I have dropped, misplaced or thrown out over the years.
In fact, the day before I lost these headphones, I managed to drop my scarf somewhere on the street AND IT WAS TIED AROUND MY NECK AT THE TIME.
You tell me HOW exactly that is possible and I'll show you the high level of professionalism I bring to involuntarily donating my belongings.
If you lose something around me, check the trash can. My talent is not limited to my own things.

I wanted to believe this time would be different.
BUT IT IS THE SAME.
EVERY TIME....THE SAME THE SAME THE SAME.....!@##$%
I get pissed off every time, spend two days cursing before I kiss goodbye to another "thing". Sigh. At least this makes me less of a pack rat.

How am I supposed to stare out the window and play "I'm in a music video" while listening to my finished album on the train ride back to Paris next week?
HOW??????
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.........

No comments: