Thursday, January 10, 2008

CUISINE UN-FRANCAISE - DAY 18

PASTA WITH TOMATO CINNAMON NUTMEG SAUCE AND SWISS CHEESE

If this sounds disgusting to you, I can assure you it is actually much worse than that. I know this for a fact because this is what I accidentally made for dinner last night. I am a "follow the recipe" kind of cook and when left to my own devices, it usually ends up somewhere in over-extremist spice hell as everything smells like oregano to me and I'm generally of the mind that if something is good, then more of it must be REALLY REALLY good.

1. Fry up way too many onions and garlic in enough oil to deep fry a chicken
2. Add a small can of pulped tomatoes
3. Arrange all your spices in unmarked pepper mills.
4. Play Pepper Roulette straight into the sauce (ABSOLUTELY NO TASTING ALLOWED)
5. Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Exclaim "OH SHIT" and furiously try to scrape it off top of sauce.
6. Add 1 teaspoon nutmeg followed by "GOD DAMN IT, WHERE IS THE FUCKING PEEEPPER??!" and furiously try and scrape it off top of sauce.
7. Generously add more garlic to mask cinnamon
8. Generously add more onion to mask garlic
9. Generously add more salt to mask everything
10. When husband brings Swiss cheese home instead of Parmesan, think "screw it, how much worse could it get?" and shred 1/2 cup or more on top.
Serve lukewarm on watery overcooked pasta.

MMMMMMMMM.....DELISH!

2 comments:

Anonymous Unwed Mother said...

A match made in heaven. A Jersey Girl who knows the only true cheese is Velveeta and a French guy who's family occasionally serves up road kill.
I'm saving my pennies so that when Sophie and I visit in June we can stick to restaurants!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Laughed out loud for several minutes.